Google Shopping Case: Scaling and Optimization
Business: Ukrainian online store «Textile House».
The main direction (product): waterproof mattress covers.
- scaling and optimizing already running Google Shopping advertising campaigns;
- to be in the top;
- spend the budget efficiently;
- ROAS – 4.5 (min), 6-6.5 (moderate), 7-8 (ideal)
Total budget — 1 000 UAH/day
Results before working with a PPC agency
Results from 05/14/21 to 06/14/2021:
- cost — UAH 14,123.29;
- clicks — 7,716;
- CPC — UAH 1.83;
- conversions — 113;
- CPA — UAH 126.32;
- conversion rate – 0.9;
- conversion value — UAH 12,702.72.
Company website audit
The dynamic remarketing campaign was set up in the account. This campaign leads to the main page. At the same time, there are no banners on the main page that clearly demonstrate the unique selling proposition or promotional offers.
- Add a banner with a unique selling proposition or promotional offers for more visualization and increase the probability of an order.
The groups included 3 text ads.
Only city names were used as negative keywords.
- Expand the list of negative keywords to avoid being listed for irrelevant queries. For example:
2. Add responsive text ads to ad groups. This will increase your keyword Quality Score, increase your CTR, and lower your CPC.
3. Test responsive ads with images in extensions to increase CTR.
4. Set up a search campaign with competitor targeting.
Shopping campaign audit
The Shopping campaigns were set up in the account. Shopping campaigns had low ROAS:
Micro conversions were counted in the conversion: an order through the shopping cart, a call on the mobile version, a click on the callback button. Accounting for these actions can have a negative impact on automatic strategies, such as targeted ROAS. They are not directly related to making a purchase, from the point of view of Google Ads.
The campaigns use an impressive list of negative keywords, which favorably helps to exclude irrelevant traffic.
In one campaign, automatic bidding was set to Target ROAS. At the same time, the ROAS value itself is low — 52%. With this indicator, advertising does not pay off.
- Don’t count micro conversions as conversions. Count only transactions.
- Change the attribution model to more accurately display conversions in Google Ads.
- Change your bidding strategy or set a cost effective ROAS for Aquastop Cotton (Shopping).
- Test a shopping campaign with a minimum bid.
- Select a group of bestsellers in each of the campaigns, for which you can separately launch shopping. For example:
6. Test campaigns with automatic strategies and smart shopping when there are enough data on completed purchases in the account.
Audit Google Merchant center settings
Of the entire range of goods, only 77 positions were rejected, which is within the normal range.
Most rejected due to incorrect GTIN:
Items are described qualitatively:
- detailed titles with keywords;
- comprehensive description of the goods;
- current product category in Google;
- a wide list of attributes (characteristics) for product cards.
Audit Remarketing Campaign Settings
For a remarketing campaign, it is better to work out the unique selling proposition and call to action, making it more “catchy” and less intrusive.
- Test different creatives and unique selling propositions. For example:
- for those who have been and gone, you can add special offers to the site with a call to action;
- for those who abandoned the cart (remarketing for mattress toppers only).
Results after work with a PPC agency
Results for 01.12.21-31.12.21
- cost — UAH 45,584.81;
- impressions — 1,566,615;
- clicks — 31,541;
- CPC — 1.44
- conversions — 287.42
- CPA — 348.2
- conversion rate — 3.87
- conversion value — UAH 218,264.31
Data from Google Analytics:
- the number of conversions, taking into account the associated, 474;
- conversion value — 291.548 UAH
- ROAS — 6.4.
Do you want the same for yourself? Leave a request for an audit and further optimization of your account!
Check out other cases on our blog⤵