Google Ads case: how optimizing an advertising account and working with a website brings results
Product: tin products
Goal: increase sales
A client contacted us at the PPC agency Penguin-team with an online shop. At the first stage, an audit of the existing account was carried out.
We checked the correctness of conversion tracking and significant metrics, 10 goals were set up and imported from Google Analytics. Most of them are micro-conversions.
Ecommerce was set up in Analytics, but no data was sent to the Google Ads account. In the column with the value of conversions was zero — the income was not transferred.
The structure of the account was also analyzed in detail; it was well done, without any gross breach:
- 106 search campaigns, 16 — active, 13 had a bidding strategy conflict with the overall budget;
- 17 — Display Network Campaigns, 1 — active;
- 3 — Video Campaigns, 1 – active.
Results BEFORE working with the PPC agency Penguin-team
For the period 09.10-09.11.20:
- revenue from Google Ads — UAH 2,984 (data from Google Analytics);
- cost — UAH 4,947;
- number of conversions (all active conversions) — 30;
- conversion cost — UAH 164.90;
- conversion rate — 4.38%;
- ROAS — 60.32%.
Work and recommendations
We fixed bugs and optimized the account:
- We set up conversions correctly.
- We made adjustments to bids for mobile devices. Reduced the rate until the website loading speed is increased.
- When using a shared budget, a manual and portfolio bidding strategy was used.
Reduced the number of advertising campaigns, focused on bestsellers. Otherwise, campaigns do not have enough budget and they do not receive enough statistics to draw conclusions on effectiveness.
- Regrouped keywords at the group level. We left up to five of the most relevant keywords, excluding those that do not bring clicks and are low-frequency. This will allow you to write more relevant ads and increase your Quality Score.
- Added three expanded ads and one responsive ad to each group – this improves the quality of the advertising campaign in the eyes of Google.
- Wrote relevant headlines using keywords, concretized the benefits from the buyer’s point of view.
- It was recommended to pay attention to the loading speed of landing pages and optimize them. This will help reduce the number of bounces and visitors who didn’t convert.
In addition, it was necessary to work on increasing the conversion rate of the website, since the low conversion rate is observed throughout the website, and not just in Google / CPC.
We decided to test Shopping Campaigns. They can work better than Search Campaigns because the ad already has a picture and a price. Such ads are a filter for customers who are not ready to buy. Google Shopping Campaigns most often have higher conversion rates at a lower cost compared to search.
We also launched a Branding Campaign.
Results AFTER working with the PPC agency Penguin-team
The results in May 2021:
- revenue from Google Ads — UAH 179,608 (data from Google Ads and excluding associated conversions);
- cost — UAH 9,151.12;
- conversions (all active conversions) — 68;
- conversion cost — UAH 134.58;
- conversion rate — 19.63%;
- ROAS — 1963%.
Comparison of results:
Cost per conversion
UAH 2 984
But the most important result is that the client continues to work with us!
You can order setting up advertising campaigns from us ↷
View more cases ↷